The following are some free resources that can make the whole process of finding and selecting the right LMS a whole lot easier.
- 5 Key Aspects of Getting a High Return on Your LMS Investment (Blog Post) To ensure your organization actually gets a positive return on investing in an LMS, it is essential to consider these factors before launching into a selection process.
- Also available as a Leading Learning Podcast episode
- Understand LMS in 10 Minutes or Less (Blog Post | Video) - A brief video to help you and any other stakeholders in your learning management system selection process understand what to expect from an LMS
- How to Select the Right Learning Technologies for Your Association (Series of Two Blog Posts) The aim of this two-part series is to look at learning technology selection from a somewhat broader perspective and provide organizational leaders with a framework that will support long-term success.
- Tagoras 7-Step LMS Selection Process Infographic (Blog Post & PDF) A visual version of the process we use with our clients and recommend for all organizations when selecting an LMS.
- Learning Platform Selection Discussion Guide (PDF Resource) This resource contains questions an organization may need to ask when developing requirements for a learning platform and undertaking a selection process. The questions are not targeted at specific platform features. Rather, they are intended to surface general issues and circumstances that the implementation of a learning platform may help address. Organizations can use these questions as a discussion guide.
- Learning Management System Pricing (Blog Post) Overview of price ranges for LMSes popular in the trade and professional association market.
- 8 LMS Pitfalls to Avoid (Blog Post & PDF Resource) A brief overview of 8 issues that can rear their heads when selecting and implementing an LMS.
- AMS-LMS Integration: A Primer (Blog Post) An overview of the key types of integration between association management systems and learning management systems and some of the critical factors to consider.
Standards and Definitions
- Key E-learning Standards (PDF Article) This article offers a brief overview of key organizations and the standards or models they provide for e-learning. Included are AICC, SCORM, xAPI (Tin Can), IMS Global, Medbiquitous, and Section 508.
- Definitions of Key Learning Platform Technologies (PDF Resource) This brief resource briefly defines key learning platform technologies, including CMS, LCMS, LMS, LRS, and TMS.
- What the Experience API is - and Why You Should Care (Blog Post) An overview of one of the more important current topics in learning management.
Learning Technology Trends
- 4 Key Association Learning Technology Trends (Blog Post) A brief overview of the four learning technology trends we have seen most impacting trade and professional associations.
- Association Learning + Technology (Report) Our bi-annual report on the state of learning and technology in the association sector. The report includes data about LMS usage by associations.
Have questions, or need help with your LMS selection process? Contact us.